Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
 -Douglas Adams

I love gardening.  Even more so since I have a long term site for gardening.  However, my biggest barrier now is time. 

I know that I should be planting brassicas at the moment, and have beetroot seeds ready for sowing, yet I haven't the time to do so. The Phd needs writing, students teaching, dog walking etc etc.  The end-of-summer planting was something I was going to do today as well as some significant weeding, but instead I did a quick mow of the lawns (good exercise, as I have a manual handmower - none of that petrol stuff ergh) and fixed up a garden bench seat I bought from the Margate tip shop sans wooden slats.  I still have to paint the garden seat but at least I can sit on it now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment